极速赛车官方网站

Since the beginning, Atlas has sought new ways to serve and find solutions for our customers.  Initially introducing three products, in the decades that followed, Atlas expanded to other applications that would enhance product performance and serve the Household and DIY community. The ability to recognize a need and align quickly around a new idea became part of our company’s character, which remains with us today.

Our passion has always been providing quality service while adding value to customers’ products. Now, after a half-century of steady growth, we’re positioned to support further advancements.

  • 1947

    Atlas Putty Products is founded by Benjamin T. Cope. The company operates at 1515 W. Carroll Street in Chicago and manufactures just three products for sale in the consumer and industrial markets: glazing compound; plumber’s putty; and caulking compound.

  • 1961

    Frank R. Moser purchases Atlas Putty Products from Mr. Cope. The following year, the company moves to 5401 South Keating in Chicago and continues to manufacture the same three products.

  • 1978

    Jack L. Payton purchases the company from Mr. Moser. Mr. Payton begins to market products almost entirely to wholesale hardware distributors, which opens many new doors and opportunities.

  • 1984

    Mr. Payton builds an addition. This expansion onto the Keating address triples the size of the facility to 6,800 square feet.

  • 1987

    Mr. Payton’s two sons join the company. The addition of David J. Payton & Matthew E. Payton allow the company to take a more aggressive approach to marketing current products and searching for new products.

  • 1991

    Atlas Putty Products acquires Perm-E-Lastic. This acquisition triples the current business and provides increased opportunities with spackling products, private label contracts, and increased distribution.

  • 1995

    The company moves to Tinley Park, Illinois. The continued growth of the company prompts a move to a new custom-built 23000 square-foot facility with substantially increased capacity and capital improvements.

  • 1995

    Mr. Payton’s daughter joins the company. Jacqueline A. Payton (Bueschel) begins work at Atlas Putty and assumes the role of Chief Financial Officer.

  • 2000

    Atlas Putty receives certification for ISO 9001:1994.Subsequently, the company is recommended for an extension of the certification following the six-month review.

  • 2001

    A new home for Atlas Putty. The company again moves its operations to a new 47000 square foot facility in Tinley Park, Illinois. This plant is equipped with state of the art facilities in mixing, production, and research facilities.

  • 2006

    The company builds an addition. This new building expansion increases the facility capacity to 100000 square feet.

  • 2009

    Jack L. Payton retires from Atlas Putty Products. David, Matthew and Jacqueline take over the company from their father.

  • 2012

    ISO 9001: 2008 Certified.

  • 2015

    Awarded The Will County Green Business Star our Environmental Stewardship.

  • 2017

    Acquired 49,000 sq. ft. facility.

  • 2018

    ISO 9001: 2015 Certified.